goulash

**Update.. this recipe has received so many hits from being featured on all free casseroles I decided to update the recipe and photo that post is here**


so i think i might have fibbed to you big time when i told you there was only a few things i would eat when i was a kid.. i didn't add spaghetti and meatballs which i will share that recipe for on sunday and  my fav.. goulash.. granted i think its safe to say mostly anything i did eat was made with hamburger or pastas.. but i neglected to mention a few when i discussed how picky i was as a child.. but one of my all time favorite is goulash.. one my fondest memories is being in brianhead skiing and my mom made goulash and the lid to the pepper came off when she was seasoning the goulosh and it as soo good and peppery it was very cold outside and we were extremely tired from skiing all day.. but i think it was one of the best meals ever.. and to this day i douse my goulash with a ton of fresh ground pepper.. goulash is the simplest thing in the world to make!! wam bam thank you mam kinda meal.. definitely a under 30 minute meal..


goulash

prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
serving: 6-8

ingredients:

1 lb ground turkey (ground beef obviously would work too ha)
1 small onion, diced
1 small red pepper, diced
2 cans of diced tomatoes (we like to use the mexican ones but any kind or unflavored will do)
1 tbls. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper
macaroni cooked according to package (16 oz. box or package)
parsley for garnish
olive oil

cook macaroni according to package.. while its cooking in a large skillet heat up two turns around the pan with olive oil over medium heat.. add onions and peppers.. cook until soft about 7 minutes.. add turkey andcook until no longer pink.. add paprika and garlic powder.. cook another minute.. add diced tomatoes and salt and pepper.. cook another 3-4 minutes.. add cooked macaroni and stir until all well incorporated and cook another 15 minutes on low.. check for seasoning if you think it needs it add pepper alot of it.. ha ha I always serve it with wheat sandwich bread and butter.. i put my goulash in my bread and fold over like a taco.. super yummy..

Featured on AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com

i am so excited to be featured on this great site and included in their e-cookbook.. take a look it can be found here.. e-cookbook..

UPDATE: someone emailed and said it's to much pasta i always use an entire package but feel free to use less for your family...

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this. It looks amazing and if it wasn't 11:50pm I would be cooking it. My mouth is watering.

    Your site is wonderful.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and I hope you ended up making yourself some.. it's really yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure why you would feel the need to eat MORE carbs by eating a pasta dish as a sandwich by adding eating it in a slice of whole wheat bread. That will more than double the carb overload of the recipe. I will leave all those unnecessary carbs when I make this recipe. There's plenty of good carbs in the onion, tomatoes and red pepper that adds a bit of sweetness to the dish to go with the paprika. I use both red peppers and dark green poblanos in a lot of my meat combinations. You might want to read "Wheat Belly" by the cardiologist Dr. William Davis, author, says this much and type of carbs is NOT healthy. But paprika is an under used spice in my opinion. I use it quite a lot in my cooking. I like the flavor of the spice made from red peppers that are not hot like New World chilis. They do have a different and pleasant taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Judith shouldn't be so negative, it's not her body! By the way, who eats pasta without bread? STUPID people that's who!! LMAO🤔

      Delete
  5. I just made this. One little change is adding worcestershire sauce to taste. Really adds to the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Gayle I think I will try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. is that 2 10 oz. cans of diced tomatoes, like Rotel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it would be, it has that Mexican zip..

      Delete
  8. Sounds, quick, easy and tasty....I will try it this week....thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6:15 Pac time
    I made this tonite --very good and easy. too. Tomorrow nite will be even better after it has marinated

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeff, great recipe, and I am going to make it I will have left overs because it is only me, and my Sheltie's(yes my babies eat my cooked food, no nasty dog food!! It pays for me to cook for them, and less expensive. My VET said it is better after that China scare (poison)in dog food.

    Thank You,
    Marie Czarnecki
    N. Las Vegas, NV

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to read this complete information. At Variety's shop online buy Kitchen Gadgets, Kids Gadgets, Home Gadgets and Life Style Gadgets in affordable rates with high quality products.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts