pete and i don't much watch the superbowl but we love the food.. i always make pizza and wings.. this year it was only pete and i so didn't go over board like i have been known to do in the past.
prep time: umm awhile
cooking time: depends on what it is *wink*
servings: alot of people
dough - lower calorie (adapted from christine ferrare's big bowl of love)
- 1 package of active yeast
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. of agave
- 1 tsp. of sea salt
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 up warm water, at 110 degrees (any less the yeast won't activate if gets hotter then 130 it will kill the yeast)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes italian style
- 1/2 can of tomato paste
cook in a saute pan on medium to low for about 2 hours until all liquid is evaporated...
toppings (i made 4 different kinds)
- slices tomatoes
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- fresh basil
bbq chicken pizza
- bbq chicken ( for one pizza i poached 2 chicken tenders then diced up and tossed with sweet baby rays bbq sauce)
- bbq sauce
- roasted garlic (cut the top off your garlic drizzle olive oil wrap in foil cook at 400 for about 30 minutes)
- purple onion
- 1/2 bag of grated mixed cheddar cheese (i used krafts 4 cheese blend)
spicy italian pizza
- 1 spicy italian sausage casing removed (brown until cooked remove from pan set aside)
- 1/2 bag of grated pizza cheese
a bag of frozen chicken wings
preheat oven to 400 degrees (f)..take a cookie sheet, cover with foil, put a rack over foil.. spray with pam.. arrange your chicken wings on rack spray with pam.. cook for about 30 minutes then check if getting nicely brown flip them over and cook another 30 minutes..
buffalo - we just use franks or you can use tobasco and butter
bbq - we like sweet baby rays I always add a little chipolte tobasco to it
honey cayenne - in a microwave bowl add 1 tblsp. of honey, 1/2 tblsp. of vinegar, 2 tsp. of cayenne and zap for 30 seconds in the microwave.. it's super yummy..