take my word for it wednesday.. green chile chimichurri is scrumptious..


my amazing friend randi got 25 lbs of roasted green chile's and she was kind enough to share some with me.. one of the first things I made was this grilled butterflied leg of lamb with a green chile chimichurri.. holy moly talk about good.. the first time i had chimichurri was several years ago my mom, shell and i went to california for shell's bday.. it used to be a tradition when i was in my teens for my b day we went to beverly hills and stayed at the beverly hilton.. it was always so fun and glamorous.. i loved it.. one year i met my celebrity crush.. andy gibb *smile* that totally embarrassing story here.. well we wanted shell to experience it as well so we stayed at the beverly hilton again, it was crawling with celebrities when we went because they were hosting a portion of the academy awards one of the nights.. we went and saw wicked one night and one day we spent the day in santa monica.. where we had lunch an argentinian steak house and i had chimichurri.. i was instantly hooked.. i loved it..when i saw a recipe for  green chili chimichurri i knew i had to try it.. and let me tell you it's great {hear my tony the tiger impersonation just now?} it's was very good on the lamb, i recently had it on thin sliced rib eye which i pan fried in my iron skillet and that was wow.. and i think it would be so delish on a burger.. that's next on the agenda..


green chile chimichurri

ingredients:

1 bunch cilantro leaves
3 medium sized roasted green chilis, peeled and stems removed
3-4 garlic cloves
2 tbslp. capers
2 tbslp. white wine vinegar
1/3 cup good quality olive oil
salt and pepper

directions:

place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.. pulse until all ingredients are well combined.. put in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use... serve at room temperature over meat, fish or veggies..
enjoy and get cook'n!!

Comments

Popular Posts