grilled asparagus


let me apologize for my absence.. the boston marathon bombings kinda side lined me, a lot of times i write my post during the lunch hour and after the bombing i became obsessed with finding out everything i could and that took up my lunch hour.. :/ i tend to do that, i become obsessed with news.. when i was in 5th grade it got so bad i had pin point ulcers and my dad said i was no longer allowed to watch the evening news or read the paper until i was old enough to handle it.. guess what! i still don't watch it or read the papers.. my mom, my friend helene and facebook basically tell me if there is something i need to know.. ohh and perez hilton of course.. enough about my neurosis, let's talk asparagus.. i've mentioned before it's one of my all time favorite veggies.. i shared with you this simple roasted asparagus recipe, this super delicious roasted asparagus garlic pizza recipe.. also there was open faced asparagus and egg sandwich recipe.. and another favorite is prosciutto wrapped asparagus.. i love asparagus.. this recipe is so simple and easy... tina brought it for dinner the other night and we all instantly liked it.. so this past weekend we had a bbq and pete smoked a pork shoulder for 13 hours and i grilled asparagus, ribs and corn.. {recipes to follow in future posts} you will thank me on how easy this is.. :)


grilled asparagus

prep time: 1 hour
cooking time: 20-30 minutes
servings: 4

ingredients:

1 lb. fresh asparagus
juice and zest of one lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tblsp. balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
salt and pepper

directions:

cut off the woody end of the stalk and discard then cut into 1 inch pieces... place asparagus in a zip lock bag.. in a small mixing bowl mix the remaining ingredients with a whisk.. pour mixture over the asparagus in the bag, squish it all around and make sure it's all covered.. close tightly and marinate for at least an hour, turning frequently..  heat your gas grill.. add your veggies to a grill basket.. cook over medium heat until tender but still with some snap.. remove from heat and serve immediately..

enjoy and get cook'n!!

Comments

Popular Posts