spicy tomato peach jam


so i was cruising one of my favorite recipe blogs.. love & olive oil and found this amazing recipe spicy tomato peach jam.. and knew i had to make it.. i had peaches from my bountiful basket and plenty of tomatoes and my love for any thing sweet and spicy.. my only hesitation was the use of pectin and "canning" the jam.. so i didn't do it that way i changed it up.. ha and it was yummy and sweet and jelly like.. it will only last about 3 weeks in my fridge but let me tell you no it won't..i totally plan on making a grilled cheese sandwich with this and i already made a healthy dent in it with crackers.. it's really good. you should make it!! like now! (i altered my recipe because i only wanted to make one jar... since it won't keep but i will make it again and again and again..)


spicy peach and tomato jam

prep time: 10  minutes
cook time:  30- 45 minutes
servings:     1 half pint jar

ingredients:

2 roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1 large peach, peeled and chopped
2 hot red peppers (i used what i had growing in my garden), chopped fine
juice from 1/2 a lemon
zest from 1/2 a lemon
1/2- 3/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like things..)

in a medium sauce pan, combine sugar, chopped/peeled tomatoes, peaches, peppers, lemon juice and zest.  bring to a boil over medium-low heat reduce to low and simmer for about 30 - 45 minutes.. breaking down the tomatoes and peaches.. i used the back of spoon to "mash" them towards the end.. make sure to stir regularly.. it will start to become thick and jelly like.. when done ladle into a jelly jar.. :) and refrigerate for about 12 hours before using.. and then enjoy.. if you make it tell me what clever way you used it... remember its only good for about 3 weeks..

Comments

Popular Posts