take my word for it wednesday.. enchilada stack..


howdy howdy.. it's wednesday again and this is when i ask you to take my word for it.. now if you've been here before you can skip this mumbo jumbo where i explain "take my word for it wednesday" and if your new here welcome.. (this is all assuming anyone reads my blog besides my mother .. *waving hi mom*) on wednesday's i post recipes or whatever the case may be and i ask you to take my word for it that the recipe is good, i won't stear you wrong.. believe me.. but for whatever i reason i won't have a picture, or the picture is not very appealing, which seems to be the case more and more.. pete bought me a wizbang supededuper camera for mothers day last year and i haven't figured it out yet :( but that's a goal for 2012!! anyway in today's case the kids were standing behind me telling me to hurry they were hungry.. jake even was holding a plate and he wasn't staying for dinner ha he had just stopped by to get something but when he saw how amazing it looked, which by the way it did.. he wanted to try it.. so I didn't get to take very many photo's and none before it got attacked :) .. today's recipe comes from pinterest.. my favorite place in the world ha.. my brain can't handle all the ideas and recipes i see .. hard to contain myself.. the original recipe is from this site here.. i changed mine a bit to suit my families likes and dislikes!! :) and the result was ahhmazing.. i suggest you making these this weekend!! :)


(red chili turkey enchiladas)

enchilada stack

i made 2 different kinds of stacks i made a red chili one and a green chili only difference was the can of enchilada sauce i used.. both were el paso brand though..

1 lb. ground turkey (beef can be substituted we just don't ever eat it..)
1 can of your favorite enchilada sauce.. (green or red) oh and they have a HOT RED one it's amazing!
6 or so tortillas i used the corn/wheat ones we get them from Vons here is their website.. here
1 bag of mexican shredded cheese ( i also grated about 1/2 a block of jalapeno jack and added that too)
1/2 an onion, diced
sour cream (optional)

cook ground turkey in your skillet over medium until browned and cooked through. (if using beef you will want to drain it off) add about a 1/4 of a cup of your enchilada sauce .. spray a pie plate with pam.. i then added a little enchilada sauce and swirled it around to cover the bottom of the plate.. start with a tortilla, swirl around a little enchilada sauce add meat, then onion then cheese then top with another tortilla and keep going until you finish with a tortilla add a little swirl of sauce.. cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree (f) oven for 40 minutes.. remove cover add a another swirl or 2 on top with enchilada sauce and top with cheese.. bake another 15 minutes .. let sit for 5-7 minutes then slice into wedges.. top with sour cream.. serve with home made re fried beans.. (my recipe for beans is found here..)

(green chili turkey enchiladas)

Comments

Popular Posts