take my word for it wednesday.. roasted/grilled artichokes
it's wednesday and i want you to take my word for it!! these were soo good.. the reason i need you to take my word for it is i didn't get a photo of the end result :( silly robin!! but believe me they are worth making.. i saw this recipe here.. and i of course first saw it on pinterest.. not sure what my life was like before pinterest but i can tell you i am not giving it up now.. for nutten!!
i love artichokes.. they are so yummy!! when my husband i were first married and i made artichokes and served them with mayo he was like what do you do with that.. i said you dip it in the mayo.. he thought that was weird he had never dipped his artichoke in anything.. since then he has embraced the whole mayo concept and now a days i make flavored dipping sauces..
for today's meal.. you trim, cut the tops off and the stem off of your artichokes, drizzle with olive and salt then slowly boil until tender. Let them cool completely, and cut into quarters then pull out the choke and prickly leaves. Place the quartered artichokes on a baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil, tuck grated parmesan cheese between the leaves along with salt, pepper, finely chopped garlic and fresh parsley. Place them on a medium hot grill turning them over until the cheese gets crusty and garlic becomes fragrant, it just takes a few minutes. You can also cook them under your broiler or in a 450 degree oven.. for about 5-7 minutes.. turning over 1/2 way through..
today i thought i would leave you with a little funny... here are a few things i want to do this year..
1. wear a shirt that says "life" and then hand out lemons on las vegas blvd.
2. run into a store.. kinda frantic ask what year it is.. when someone answers.. yell "it worked" and run out cheering..
3. make vanilla pudding put it in a mayo jar and eat it in public on a sweltering hot vegas day..
4. buy a parrot and teach it to say "help, i've been turned into a parrot by an evil witch.."
5. go to australia and find 42 wallaby way, sydney...